Saturday, August 4, 2021, at 7 pm EDT, 4 pm Pacific.
Go to the Subscribe page to get an email with instructions allowing you to get a link to join the live Zoom Meetup.
Jim Kellow’s Meetup Notes & Agenda
Hello, My name is Jim Kellow
Welcome to “New Tracks” Meetup.
“Where Mentors Help Modelers Build”
Thanks for coming, come back often, & tell your friends.
1. Subscribe for our Zoom Meetups at our website, NewTracksModeling.com
Don’t forget to confirm registration by clicking the “here” link in the email sent. Check your “spam” box if you don’t see the confirmation email from email@example.com.
If you are subscribed you are eligible for our random drawings for Prizes on some of our shows.
To make sure your friends can subscribe, please forward the registration link with them. It may take a few days to process their email confirmation.
2. We need a lot of “Help” producing our shows. All kinds of jobs are in need of volunteers. Specifically we need people who can start one of zoom shows. We need people who can edit our videos. We need people who can post items on our website. We need people who can post our shows on facebook and other media sites. We need people who can do follow up with our various guests. Please offer a little of your time.
3. Upcoming “Build Alongs”
Jim Murphy is building a LaBelle Woodworking Business Car starting on September, 11th.
Available in HO snd O get a 25 % discount mention New Tracks. (https://www.labellemodels.com/)
Martin Breckbiel MMR is building a Leadville Designs Maintenance of way car starting on September, 22nd.
This kit is available in HO, S, and O scales. Order between 8/15 & 9/30 to get a 10% discount. Mention New Tracks. (https://leadvilledesigns.com/)
Bill Davis is building a Rail Scale Models Tobacco Barn Kit. Starting on October, 16th.
Stephen Milley, owner of Rail Scale Models, has given a 20% discount for the kit for modelers who want to “Build Along” with Bill Davis. The discount code is now set up for the Tobacco Barn in all four scales (N, HO, S, O) for 20% off MSRP. The buyer must use the coupon code NewTracks, (one word), at the check-out screen. This code will be in effect from June 1 thru Oct 30, 2021. (https://www.rail-scale-models.com/)
4. The next “My Build” is August 21 with Moderator Jeremy Wyant.
This My Build will be open to everyone. All you have to do is send a photo(s) with a caption and your name to Jeremy so he can include it in his Power Point presentation. If you want you can be live to discuss your model photo(s) as Jeremy shows them. The MY BUiLD is for you to briefly show us what You are building. If you want to go into a more detailed presentation, we can schedule you for a special segment to do that. My BuIds are so we can share our modeling and show our accomplishments in hopes of having other modelers want to become enthusiastic about BUILDING Models.
5. Got a Modeling Question? Go to our website and fill out the form. I will ask a modeler to answer it, and if needed, we will do a special segment on our show
6. Quick Tips with Bob Farquhar tonight. Paul Thompson on Wednesday Ted Becker on Saturday shows. Anyone wants to share one of their Quick Tips on the show please contact Paul or Ted. Ted’s email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Special Segments:
- Martin Breckbiel: MMR Building an Old Kit 15 minutes
8. Our Featured Modeler is Jamie Bothwell: You Too Can Laser Cut Models 1 hour
Estimated Total 1 hour 15 minutes
9. Our next ZOOM “New Tracks Meetup” is Saturday August 7. Our Featured Modeler is Nick’s Hobby Shop. Special Segments include: David Rarig Engine house Card Build Along and Earl Hackett Building a Switch Machine, and “Quick Tips” with Paul Thomson and Ted Becker.
Please visit our website NewTracksModeling.com for more information on our upcoming shows and activities. There are a lot of “Build Alongs” coming. Send me an email with your comments and ideas for the show. Thanks for coming. Hope you learned something and enjoyed the show. Happy modeling.
Estimated Total 1 hour 30 minutes
10. Please visit our website NewTracksModeling .com and click on the News & Meetups for more information on our upcoming shows and activities. Send Jim Kellow an email with your comments and ideas for the show.
Thanks for coming.
Hope you learned something and enjoyed the show.
Jim Kellow MMR
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/Jim-Kellow-MMR-107123997469688/
Web Site: https://newtracksmodeling.com
APMM Model Railroading Ambassador