New Tracks Modeling
Are You a Model Railroader?
Are You a Modeler?
Are You Pursuing a STEAM Degree?
The New Tracks Modeling Mentoring Scholarship is a unique scholarship for Model Railroaders and other modelers pursuing a STEAM related college degree or technical school credential.
Applications for the 2023-2024 academic year have closed. We will begin accepting applications for the 2024-2025 academic year on January 1, 2024. Our goal is to award at least $4,000.00 in scholarships for 2024-2025 (number and amount will be announced January 1, 2024). We recommend that interested applicants download a copy of the application for review even if you plan to apply on-line. If you have any questions, please email us at NTMMS@newtracksmodeling.com
Qualified applicants MUST meet the following criteria:
- Must currently be either a current high school senior or a high school graduate living in the United States.
- Are planning to or currently attending a two-year or four-year university, college or accredited technical school in academic year 2024-25 with an intent to pursue a degree in one of the STEAM fields.
- Have a current GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Demonstrate participation in either a Model Railroading or other modeling youth activity program such as Youth in Model Railroading®, Scouts MRR program, 4H model railroading, MRR Youth clinics, active participant in building a home layout, or belong to an organized model railroad club. Participation in general modeling clubs and activities will also be considered.
- Write an essay of at least 500 words describing how their involvement in modeling and model railroading as a hobby has impacted their lives and benefited their education within one or more of the STEAM areas of academic pursuit.
- Demonstration of having designed and/or built models by submitting photos and descriptions of at least two models completed by the applicant.
- Provide two references to affirm applicant’s involvement in railroad or other modeling activities. (NTMMS will be contacting any listed references, so please let them know ahead of time).
Please note: Scholarship funds will be disbursed directly to the Bursars Office of the school where the student will be attending. Any NTM staff member or relative is prohibited from applying for this scholarship.
Applications can be submitted on-line or by mail.
Click here to download an application for review.
Please note that you MUST have a Google Account to complete this on-line form as you will need to upload files.